Preparing A Course/Programme Proposal at the UWI
At first glance, the course proposal review and approval process may seem pedantic, but a closer examination may reveal that the process is quite simple and can be completed within a few weeks. To this end, the course approval template is a fundamental part of this process, and if done correctly, the approval process can be a more efficient. This webinar will orient you to the course approval process and provide guidance in the completion of the UWI-approved course proposal template. In so doing, this session will equip you with the knowledge and skills required in completing the course approval process in a timely fashion. Informed by the UWI’s Board of Undergraduate Studies (BUS), the Office of Graduate Studies and Research (OGSR), and quality assurance bodies, this session will guide you in completing the course approval template with accuracy thereby minimizing the time taken for approval and subsequent delivery of your course.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
1. Identify the steps in the Course Review Process at the UWI
2. Identify the components of course design/approval template
3. Design a course using the UWI course design/approval template
4. Align course components.
· The Course Review Process at the UWI
· Identifying the Major Components of the Course Approval Template
· Completing the Course Approval Template Accurately
· Alignment Amongst Course Components