Teaching with Zoom
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a web conferencing tool that includes a white board, annotation tools, chat, and the ability to share slides or other applications running on your computer. Additionally, teaching sessions can be recorded and shared across the myeLearning environment. With Zoom, faculty will be able to conduct online teaching presentations, one-on-one meetings, group chats and many more. The integration will make it easy for faculty to schedule, share and start their online teaching sessions in their myeLearning courses.
This workshop will cover:
- an overview of Zoom’s interface and
- accessing the Zoom activity in myeLearning.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Activate your Zoom account.
- Set a Zoom profile picture.
- Change the Time Zone in Zoom’s web portal.
- Enable/disable general settings in Zoom’s web portal.
- Add the Zoom Web Conference tool to a myeLearning course.
- Scheduling a Zoom meeting in a myeLearning course.
- Start a scheduled meeting from a myeLearning.
- Utilize the basic features of Zoom’s interface.
- Share your screen during a Zoom meeting.
- Create and manage breakout rooms.
- Create and launch a Zoom poll.
Zoom Support: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
UWI Zoom Support: https://sites.google.com/dec.uwi.edu/zoom/